Home | Xenophobia: Part One | Xenophobia: Part Two | Xenophobia: Part Three | Fish Out Of Water | LiveJournal Blog

Introduction

Description (from contest):

Are you the ultimate Rock N Roll god? Do you find yourself playing air guitar all the time? Do you live breath and eat rock and roll? If so then this is the contest for you. Its the search for the most dedicated rock sim on the planet. Be he an old metal lover or a new skool punk diva thats who were tracking down! So get your leather trousers and hair gel out cos its time for Rock N Roll Sim Star.

Rating: Normal
Eliminations:
Yes
Result: First

Other notes: Despite the contestant being a character in a story, this contest actually has very little to do with that. I just saw the theme and drooled ;) This doesn't feature in the guy's story, but elements of that have been used here.

Thursday 19 June 2008

Round Three

Hitting The Big Time

We made it!! Oh my God, we made it... I'm so happy I could cry! We got offered a place at Bloodstock's indoor festival too, we met Nightwish and their new singer, Therion... and the best part is, they're all just normal human beings, which is... well, more than we are! Not a trace of green blood or undead in those guys.

Anyway though... he did it. That goth twin of mine went and dyed his hair black, just as I figured he would, along with the black nail paint and... stripping off on stage! Only his top mind you, but still it got enough attention from the crowd - I couldn't help but laugh at the whistles and cat calls!

"Okay, we've got a cover for you now... who here likes Meat Loaf?"
Chris grinned as cheers erupted from the audience.
"Ooh, quite a few!" he continued, "Well it's your lucky night tonight then folks..."
With that Leon went straight into the guitar, me quickly after on the piano with Sierra as the cheers got louder, and away we went!



"Wasted... youth!
Wasted... youth!"
"Let's go!"



"Whats the meaning of life?
Whats the meaning of it all?
You gotta learn to dance
Before you learn to crawl
You gotta learn to dance
Before you learn to crawl"



"And I like my music like I like my life..."



"Everything louder than everything else!"
At this point he held out the microphone to get the audience to sing along :D
"Yeah!"
"Everything louder than everything else!
Everything louder than everything else"
Again he held out the microphone to the crowd.
"Everything louder than everything else!"
"Go Andy!"



Ah yes, the piano interlude - I played like I'd never play again! Mind you, I play like that every night ;)



"...Everything louder than everything else!"

"You guys are great!" he finished, before we took a little breather between songs. Well, I did anyway, I needed to grab at the bottle of water by my stool.

Tell you what, it's an amazing feeling; getting your name on a magazine, hearing your songs playing in the local record store, guys asking for your autograph or to get a picture taken with your fans... but you know what feels best of all? One night when we were home we bumped into those guys, the ones who gave me that charming nickname while we were still at school. The look on their faces as they saw us was priceless.

Oh yeah, about school - obviously we can't go anymore - we study on the road instead, in between rehearsals and everything else. Interviews have been interesting lately though... *strokes belly* Oh yes, we're getting fat now! It seems I underestimated the joys of performing while heavily pregnant - not only is it uncomfortable having to sit for long periods, sometimes I have to stifle a yelp when one of them decides to use my bladder as a punch bag. One of them? Yes, it turns out we're both carrying twins! I'm not looking forward to the birth in the slightest, but at least I can still partake in normal activities instead of being chained to a hospital bed...

To be continued...

No comments: