Home | Xenophobia: Part One | Xenophobia: Part Two | Xenophobia: Part Three | Fish Out Of Water | LiveJournal Blog

Introduction

Description (from contest):

Are you the ultimate Rock N Roll god? Do you find yourself playing air guitar all the time? Do you live breath and eat rock and roll? If so then this is the contest for you. Its the search for the most dedicated rock sim on the planet. Be he an old metal lover or a new skool punk diva thats who were tracking down! So get your leather trousers and hair gel out cos its time for Rock N Roll Sim Star.

Rating: Normal
Eliminations:
Yes
Result: First

Other notes: Despite the contestant being a character in a story, this contest actually has very little to do with that. I just saw the theme and drooled ;) This doesn't feature in the guy's story, but elements of that have been used here.

Thursday 19 June 2008

Last mini-task

The Low Down

It hasn't all been good. As our pregnancies progressed, it gradually became apparent that Chris was suffering more than I was. Only thing is, when you spend so much time with someone, it's not always that obvious when that person starts to look like there might be something wrong with them, only this particular night I couldn't miss it. Not to mention the fact that he hadn't been functioning right all day...
"Are you going to be alright tonight?" I asked him while we were getting ready, "You look awful!"
"Do I?" he replied innocently, at which point I frowned in concern.
"Go check yourself in the mirror if you don't believe me," I challenged.
Shrugging he did so, and seemed just as surprised as I was... didn't he know?!


"Well I can't let you all down now," he said, "I'll be alright, don't worry."

At first he was fine, giving his all to the audience, although during the course of the night I noticed his voice sounding more and more weary... and then it happened.


Just like that, his legs buckled and brought him crashing to the floor. He wasn't even conscious when we went over to check what had happened, and on taking his pulse Kian frowned.
"This is bad," he remarked, "Someone get an ambulance!"
"Ambulance?" I echoed, feeling my stomach turn at its mention.
"His pulse is weak," he observed, "In fact I could swear he's losing blood..."
Of all the times I'd wished flashbacks of his attempted suicide would leave me alone, this was one time I was glad they didn't. I pondered the state he was in then and compared it to how he was now, and I began to see where he was coming from.

It turned out he was right - Chris was admitted for an emergency blood transfusion, and now he's been diagnosed with continual blood loss, not anaemia as it was first thought. All sorts of tests are being run to try and pinpoint the source of the drain, but in the meantime any thoughts of touring have gone out of the window. Instead my days are spent with Chris, sometimes with others and sometimes alone.


Every time I see him he's hooked up to a blood bag, which sometimes gets changed while I'm there. I just can't understand where it's going, but all I can hope for is that it won't carry on too long, for his own sake.

No comments: